Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I ate a hard candy.

I did fine yesterday with South Beach. Eggs, almonds, lettuce wrapped cheese and turkey (although those people who swear they don't miss the bread on this breadless sandwich are insane!), string cheese and green pepper slices, broccoli, baked fish, cottage cheese and walnuts. I was hungry, but I managed.

Today is a repeat of yesterday, with some variations (I had some leftover Mongolian beef with a salad for lunch today--much better than the lettuce wrap!). But just now I ate a hard candy from the reception desk. I couldn't help myself. And it was good. But I guess as cheats go, that's not a bad one. It takes a while to eat a cinnamon hard candy, and I didn't want more than one!

FWIW, I was down to 139 even today, but that could just be a fluke.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I miss carbs when I go carbless - but you do sort of get used to it. Sort of being really more you become resigned to it. I also don't do "fake" sandwiches. I am better off having meals that aren't SUPPOSED to have bread or grains or potatoes - otherwise I crave them more. Katie and I used to make a dish of flank steak strips bakes en papillio with shreaded carrots and parsnips - seasoned with vinegar and herbs. The fat from the meat soaks into the firm veggie strips creating a texture not unsimilar to pasta - but not done in such a way that you feel like you are substituting parsnips for flour. I can give you the recipe if you want.