Monday, July 09, 2007

Hmmm. Very sad about the titles! Although I didn't have one anyways...

I did a lot of walking Saturday and went to the gym Sunday. Saturday I spent the afternoon at the Walters. It was really nice. Admission is free right now too. So I walked around for a little over 3 hours looking at stuff. They have a nice Indian art exhibit that took me back to Rajasthan. Then I saw those Gee's Bend Quilts. The old ones are neat; the news ones, not so much. Sears used to send the women fabric to make pillow cases and they could keep the scraps. So a lot of their quilts have this Avocado green cordouroy in them. I thought that was interesting. There were also a lot of shirt pockets and jean pockets melted into the quilt patterns.

Yesterday I ran and did 1/2 of the resistance exercises the trainer laid out for me. I can really feel a difference in my arms from the workout. And my hips. Those hip abductor machines are quite amazing! I can't believe how my muscles feel today.

Today I am resting, mainly because I didn't get all my weekend chores done so I have to grocery shop and do laundry tonight. Then Tuesday night I plan to run again, and then do the other 1/2 of the resistance exercises. In general, I am going to go to the gym Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & one other day this week. I think I can handle that.

Food is slowly getting better. I am still eating whatever, but I am paying closer attention to the portion sizes.

Oh--I am very sorry to hear about Chloe. I started comments about 4 times on Friday and never posted them. I will be devastated the day Harry leaves me. Like I'm going to need a bereavement day...

No comments: