Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy/Sad

OK - Yesterday I was not too shocked to see my weight was at 226.4 or .6 or something. Like Sarah said, we sweated and walked off a lot of weight through Wednesday - then Thursday and Friday we ate and drank it all back on. OTOH on both Thursday and Friday we hit more than 26000 steps. Actually Friday I would guess was closer to 30k - but I didn't wear my pedometer to the water park so I didn't count those steps. I think MY big weight issue came from the drive home. I sat in my car for 17 hours over two days and ate Combos, Gummie Savers and drank sugared drinks. I then stored all of that (mostly in my ankles) until this morning - when I weighed in at 224.6. So - I LOST the two pounds overnight. Sarah gained one of them. So my weight today was back to where it was before we went on vacation. The only reason I am not delighted with this is my pre vacation weight also included my pre period gain. So - all told - I have gained 1-2 pounds. Sigh.

My feet still hurt. I have been retaining water in my ankles (pregnant feet Sarah says). I am not sure why. They were REALLY bad when we first arrived at Disney (in Disney?) but I sweated it away by Tuesday. They were bad yesterday too - but are mostly back to normal today. However, this phenomenon is not exclusive to my travelling. I have noticed them swelling off and on for a couple of months now. I have to start drinking more water again. THEN - I think I broke my toe. My right big toe. Just from walking on it. It doesn't feel as bad today - but for the past several days it was so swollen it felt like an extra foot. My LEFT foot arch still hurts too. That at least has narrowed down to just a single spot on the arch of my foot. This is a great improvement since by the end of the week last week my feet hurt all the way up to my calves. It sucks getting old.

Anyway - so I didn't go to boxing last night. In fact I wouldn't have made it out of work in time - but I also knew I would never survive it. I thought about doing the treadmill - but even that. Sigh. I didn't even break 2000 steps yesterday! I have already walked more today than I did yesterday. I think I needed that day though.

Food today is sort of back to normal. I had 1/2 a bagel and grapefruit juice for breakfast, granola and applesauce for lunch and coffee. Then Suzanne brought in Wegman cupcakes - 4th of July ones - so I ate two. WELL! There were chocolate AND vanilla. Sigh. Last night Katie and I had stuffed sole fillets from Omaha Steak Company. Yum. I think we are having steaks tonight. YUM YUM.

No comments: