Friday, August 04, 2006

Tomatoes coming out my ears

One thing that can be said about my diet this week is that it has been rich in vegetables. Tomatoes have featured prominently in the majority of meals--tomato sandwiches, tomato and mozarella salad, diced tomatoes with eggs, bruchetta. Last night I made a tomato and bread salad (leftovers for lunch today--very yummy) AND tomato soup that featured the exact same ingredients as the salad but wasn't as yummy. You cook up garlic, tomatoes, and basil for about 15 minutes then add bread until it turns into a sort of porridge-y mush. It was too sweet (different type of tomatoes, no vinegar) and the texture did nothing for me. But I've got leftovers of that as well. Then I gave away tomatoes to anyone who would stand still long enough for me to offer, and I still have half a dozen fresh tomatoes left. And tomorrow I have to pick some more. I think I'd better go get another loaf of bread and some more fresh mozarella. Good thing I like this stuff!

Exercise--none. I haven't managed a lunch break all week, and I shouldn't be writing this now because I have a 2:00 meeting I'm not nearly prepared for. My only consolation is that I'm meeting with people who are even less prepared.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tomatos don't normally come out of my ears...8-D