Friday, August 25, 2006

Pennsic Threw me off

OK - I am not sure how this happened to me too!! My period just started. I was feeling mildly crampy for the past couple of days - and I had a weird craving for ice cream a few nights ago. It did cross my mind that maybe my period was about to start - but I dismissed that thinking that I JUST HAD IT. But maybe not. No - no. I was right. I just had it (by my standards) on July 27th. That was 28 days ago. Keep in mind that my period doesn't EVER come sooner than 32 days apart. Hummmm. Oddly - my weight was down by a pound today (209.4). So maybe I won't have my traditional 4 pound gain this time around (I have been a little worried about that this month). Of course, my weight spike usually comes two days after my period starts - so I will know on Sunday.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's what you get for hanging around a different bunch of women full-time! We're totally affected by the people we're with. I swear half my irregular cycles were due to my having hung around mainly guys for ten years of college and grad school. Since I had kids my peer group has included a lot more women and I'm more regular!

Amy said...

No - I don't buy that. I think it has more to do with the fact that ALL women have their period and not all cycles are the same - so it is pretty inevidable that eventually people fall into the same cycle. I work with almost all women and I live with women - and my cycle has always done its own thing. I am more inclined to blame this early period on being outdoors non-stop for 10 days. Or on the pretty weather we were having - or to me being sick for over a week now. I think your period becoming regular has everything to do with you having kids.