Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Adventures in Davey-sitting

So while the gang's at Pennsic, I am now a 2-dog woman with Davey visiting for the week. Harry pretty much hated Davey the first day, but now he has at least stopped howling at him. No agression--just lots of noise. I imagine Harry to be shouting "Who let that dog in my hoooooooouse????" No matter how hard Davey tries to play with Harry, Harry just refuses. The one thing they do well together is beg for food. Davey also decided to get up at 3:30 this morning. I was not pleased. But he had to pee. So I was outside in my bare feet and pjs at 3:30 this morning walking around the yard. He's getting cut off from the water bowl at 10 pm tonight. I had dumped what was left of a bottle of spring water in the water dish last night and Davey must have thought that was the best tasting water ever--he drank it all. Then when Davey got up, Harry was in mid-dream and woke up pretty startled, so he was bruffing and growling until he saw that it was Davey making all the racket and then he curled back up and fell asleep again. Oh--and Davey will only eat Harry's food and Harry has been eating Davey's. So far there has been no consequences to that. I figure its all Iams dog food--Davey's is just the puppy formula and Harry eats the lamb & rice.

I did feel bad for Davey Friday night. Sarah, Claire & Connor dropped him off I guess around 7 pm or so, and he was all happy and checking out our house. About 2 minutes after they drove off, he realized that his people had left him and he was whining and pacing by the kitchen door. Poor puppy. he just had this look on his face like "Where'd they go?????" I bet he will be very glad to see everyone come Sunday.

So, that has been life so far this week. I am hoping everyone sleeps through the night tonight...

My weight--156.5. I have been eating like crap though and not exercising as much. My allergies are driving me nuts--my sinuses hurt so bad my top teeth ache as well, and running just makes the pressure build. I hope this goes away soon, although I heard on the radio this AM that the weather has created quite the crop of ragweed, so I am probably doomed until it frosts. Ick.

No comments: