Tuesday, August 29, 2006

155.4 and I survived Day 1

I flew through my material last night. Now I am all freaked about Wednesday's class. There are 8 registered students, of which 7 showed up. 5 of them will be fine, even enjoyable to work with, 1 is too passive, and the other is a loopy old lady that is going to be a handful.

No exercise yesterday, and food wasn't great but also wasn't in large quantities.

I also found out last night that John (I'll call him my mentor at the community college for lack of a better description) could have taught this class and had planned too, but then decided he wanted me to do it. He's definitely grooming me...I can tell. He hasn't come right out and said it, but I had a conversation with his boss last week and some things he said just make things add up. I guess it is nice to be "hand picked" for something. Hopefully I live up to his expectations. We'll see...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you!! And now you qualify for the National Endowment for the Humanities grants (like Katie got to go to Austria - there are a ton of them available). Is the loopy lady at least entertaining?

Sarah said...

That is so cool that you're being "groomed"--what a nice vote of confidence! And I'm glad (but not surprised) that the class went well. The loopy old lady might drop out.

Amy's wrong on the NEH grant--you have to be a full time educator, so you'll need to pick up a few more classes before you can qualify. Sorry!

Sarah said...

P.S. Awesome weight, too!

Amy said...

Oh - sorry - I thought it was just "educator."