Thursday, August 10, 2006

My weird diet

My food last night was like the "bad" women in those frozen food commercials (you know the ones where a bunch of women are standing around talking about what they ate for dinner and two of them always ate stuff like microwave popcorn and other junk and the third had some fancy gourmet thing that is actually a frozen meal although in real life if this conversation happened the frozen meal woman would say "I had some frozen thing that tasted like chemicals and I was starving again 45 minutes later so I ate a box of Oreos."). Anyway, my dinner last night--about eight chocolate chip cookies and a whole pile of deep fried zucchini. Healthy, huh? I came home from work starving because of a food failure at work (afternoon snack of fruit and yogurt fell through--the fruit was going bad so I only could eat half of it, then I took a bit of the yogurt and realized that what I *thought* was raspberry was actually strawberry banana and it made me gag) so ate all the cookies because they were there (which really is my problem) and then of course I wasn't really hungry for dinner but around the kids' bedtime I was getting hungry so I tried this fried julienned zucchini recipe because I have a ton of zucchini. It was really good (I ate about half of a zucchini's worth), so much so that I even got Connor to eat a few of them (the first green vegetable he's EVER eaten!). But then they sat in my stomach like lead. Ugh.

No comments: