Tuesday, August 22, 2006

134.4

I can't remember what I was two weeks ago, but I know it wasn't that high. I don't know how much of my gain is from actual Pennsic-related weight gain (thanks to a diet consisting almost entirely of empty calories from chips, cider, and s'mores) and how much from water retention (my rings have been stuck on my fingers since returning from Pennsic and I was 135 on Sunday morning). I guess it really doesn't matter--I'm still backsliding.

My diet has been horrible, even after vacation. We haven't gone grocery shopping in a while so there is no yogurt, fresh fruit, healthy snacks (not even almonds), or really anything around the house. I was even out of coffee this morning, if you can imagine! Yesterday I brought the last of the almonds, some applesauce, and pretzles to work and then planned to go to the cafeteria for yogurt and fruit but by the time I got there the cafeteria is closed and I had to get vending machine food to eat. For dinner I had pizza left over from Sunday night's dinner, and then this morning I had none of my usual stuff around to pack for lunch so all I have with me is another slice of leftover pizza. And with the 8/29 deadline looming for this grant proposal, there's no way I'm getting out to the gym at all this week or even to the grocery store in the evenings--it's pretty much going to be me chained to my computer for the next week. So I'm just not even going to worry too much about my weight until after I get this proposal in and can return to a more normal schedule.

Speaking of normal schedules, Brian will be switching to third shift after Labor Day so I can count on less mindless snacking and more balanced meals in the evenings since we'll be eating together again. Yay! And with both of us home in the evenings, we'll also be able to get out to go grocery shopping on a more regular basis, so maybe we won't run out of healthy food again.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You were 132.8 on 8/8/06. See - there ARE some advantages to keeping a spreadsheet. 8-) It may seem very "data" oriented - but in reality it is very visual.

Sarah said...

Yeah, I need to get back to my spreadsheet. When we switched computers in February I never moved that document over or created a new one. I like the charts, though--pretty motivating when you see that little line going the wrong direction!