Monday, August 07, 2006

I HATE That

Back to what I said last week to Sarah - I gain when I expect to lose and vice versa.

This weekend actually could have gone either way. Friday night Katie and I drove up to Pennsic for land grad. So - that means five hours in a car with little to no activity. We stopped in Breezewood for dinner (Quiznos subs and Starbucks) - but otherwise were going the whole time. We hit an icky backup outside of Hagarstown which slowed us down for about 1/2 and hour. We made Pennsic by 12:30am. We set up our nylon tent and bedding, grabbed a couple of drinks and began wandering around. There wasn't a heck of a lot going on, but we picked up a few drunk boys. It was fun. We went to bed about 3am - got up for a potty break I am guessing around 4am - and then I woke up at 7am (Katie told me to set my internal alarm - but we didn't decide on what time. I set it for 7 - but then hit snooze until 8am - and it was dead on accurate each time!). We drank the dregs of our Starbucks and I ate a brownie that I bought the night before - and that was it for several hours.

We did a lot of work on Saturday. We unloaded the truck the I went with Rod and Jeremey to load it up again while Katie and Anne sorted what we already had. We then unloaded again - and decided to stop for lunch - triskets, cheese and cheese curls. We set up four yurts and my nylon tent again. Then we headed home. We got subs from Sheetz and cold Frappacinos We nibbled on these all the way home. We left about 5:30 and got home a little before 10:30. So we made good time.

Sunday I was pissed because my weight was 210.6 (I think) and today was 211.2 again. Yesterday I did a whole lot of nothing. I intended to do stuff - make shirts for Connor, or a hat for Charles - or something... but got no farther than turning on the light in the sewing room. I was groggy all day - and took several 20 minute naps. I had cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast and left over German Potato salad for lunch - and some York Peppermint Patties during the day. We went out for sushi for dinner - and at some point I had a yogurt. Again that was it for the day... but REALLY no exercise.

I am looking forward to some of the classes at Pennsic this year. There are some good sounding ones. I hope I actually MAKE it to some of them. There are SEVERAL at 9am that sound interesting that I KNOE I won't make. Katie, Charles and I all want to do a pewter casting one - and there are a couple of jewelry making ones that Katie and I will probably do.

No comments: