Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Me, two weeks later.

No, I didn't forget to post last week. I just chose not to post last week. After having spent the entire weekend eating everything in sight (Amy's party, lunch and dinner out on Saturday, breakfast at the B&B followed by brunch with friend) it was no surprise, really, that my weight on Tuesday was 150.2, and because of that no surprise, really, that I didn't post that bit of information. It kills me, though, that you can diet and diet and diet for weeks and lose tiny amounts of weight each week and then three days of overindulgence undoes all of that.

But today my weight is 147.4, which I see is a pound down from when I LAST posted two weeks ago, so I can report that with no shame. And the weekend of overindulgence was totally worth it.

Since last week not only have I been back to my calorie counting diet, but I'm back to exercising--treadmill run/walk on Friday, outside five mile run/walk on Saturday, ten mile bike ride Sunday, and a forced two mile march in the rain to the library last night. That was Connor dragging me out the door when I was still eating dinner and making me go to his favorite place. He's feeling much better these days and is back to his old antics. We expect he'll remember his favorite hangout spot on the roof of the addition any day now. I had forgotten, over the past year of sleeplessness and crankiness and generally not feeling well, how funny and energetic he could be.

That's the good news. The bad news is a lot of this is made possible by Brian being unemployed again, so I no longer have to pick Connor up from school any more, so I can go to the gym at lunch and leave work on time each day. Sigh.

No comments: