Thursday, March 31, 2011

Green Monster Day One

OK - I bought all of the ingredients to Green Monster on Tuesday and today April showed me how to whip it all up in her Magic Bullet (hee hee). I used vanilla yogurt instead of the almond milk. The result is that mine is creamier than April's usually are, and have a slightly more sour (yogurt-y) taste to it. I must say - that as gross as the concoction sounds on paper - and how vivid it looks in the cup - it is surprisingly good! If we really are supposed to be eating seven servings of veggies and fruits a day, this is a pretty easy way to get in several of them. Mine has three cups of raw spinach, 1/2 a cup of blueberries and 1/2 a banana. I will eat the other half later today. I missed a day of exercise on my no excuses exercise plan. I have no excuse for missing it. I just forgot. I had a plan for exercise every day this week - including Tuesday, the day I missed. We were supposed to go to the gym together. I ended up cancelling because I had to go to the grocery store to get stuff for the dinner Katie was making (and the green monster stuff). I planned to use my "home gym." THEN, I watched the new episode of Castle, and figured out how to ply yarn on my spinning wheel (which, btw, was fun and turned out SO pretty!). I was so pleased and preoccupied with my spinning success that I was in bed and drifting off to sleep before I remembered that I hadn't exercised anything but my right leg. 8-(

1 comment:

April said...

you realize that forgetting to exercise is still and excuse :) Kidding...

So happy you are GMing :) I really think you'll see an energy boost!!!