Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'll take it!

I was hesitant to step on the demon scale this morning.  I have my monthly visitor and I was really worried about the impact that would have on my goal (mentioned yesterday)...Well I did it!  it was 229.5...I'll take it! 

Thanks for the great suggestion Sarah.  I do need to start making weekly goals.  I'm just not sure what else I could be doing.  I would LOVE to lose 2 pounds by next week. I've been very consistent with a 1lb weight loss every week.  I started C25K March 2nd, I do aerobics 2 times a week (this is MUCH more exercise then I've done in the last 11 years).  I've converted to vegetarian for lent and have converted to "clean eating".  I think this is a new trendy term for whole foods.  I've converted to all whole grains, LOTS of fruits and veggies, lean protein...etc.  Maybe there is something that I'm missing...would you ladies mind looking over my average menu (below) and letting me know what you think I could be missing??

Food Yesterday:
  • Light 100c Whole Wheat English Muffin
  • 1/2 piece of Sargento's reduced fat cheddar cheese slice (40c)
  • Morning Star Veg Sausage patty (80c)
  • Green Monster- GM- (8oz Almond Milk (unsweet van.) 40c, 2C spinach, 1/4C froz blueberries, 1/2 frozen banana)
  • red.fat Triscuit Crackers (8)
  • Cabot cheddar (1oz) 75%red fat
  • gala apple
  • sandwich thin with black bean garden burger and other half of red fat ched cheese slice
  • salad with ken's light asian dressing (only lettuce and cucumbers)
  • bag of mini smart pop popcorn
  • baked talapia (a little EVOO) and 1/4 cup of mango salsa
  • 3/4C brown rice
  • steamed sugar snap peas
OK that was it for food...sometimes I'll have a serving of dry roasted nuts or granola bar added.  I change up the dinner but that would be a standard menu for me.  Sometimes, I'll have another GM at night.

Activity??  I did Day 3/Week 2 of C25K yesterday.  This involved: walking 5 minutes, then running 90 seconds, walking-60 seconds, alternatively for 20 minutes, finishing with a 5 minute brisk walk (cool down). 

Can you see any pitfalls or boo boos? 

My goal for this week?  To lose 2lbs by next Tuesday.  Only problem?? I have a bar crawl on Saturday...there will be LOTS of beer (or some sort of alcohol).  I only party like a rock star once a year so I won't be too discouraged if this doesn't happen but if it does...I'm going to buy myself a new pair of shoes.

P.S. - I'm so glad to be here :)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi April-

Welcome to our little corner of the blogosphere.

Complex carbs are huge -- you can easily find a list. What has helped me in the past is to try to get a protein, CC and fat into every meal. There should be some advice on this online, too.

I have a book that provides a guideline for workouts and menus that has helped me get into shape.

Eating healthy is key and lots of small meals are great. You've gotta find what works for you as in timing of those meals. I've also found that walking will knock the pounds right off. If you plan on one or two 20-minute walks a day that'll get you started and get you ready for touring around Ireland.

See where you can fit them into your schedule. I relish my walking time.

Also ... WATER. Drink, drink, drink. It will help in so many ways. I have several 24-ounce camelbak bottles and always carry one ... everywhere.

Thanks for joining and keep up the good work.

April said...

Thank Vicki

Amy said...

April and I need to start walking together... I mean, shoot! We sit right next to each other and spend AT LEAST 20 minutes a day goofing off. We need to put that goof off time to better use.

Tomorrow, April, we need to make a PLAN!

April said...

You are on! Tomorrow!!