Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a Tuesday that actually feels like a Tuesday

I am happy to report that my weight pre-vacation is equal to my weight post vacation: 198.2.  I consider that a small victory given the garbage we ate Wednesday night-through Sunday night. Steak & Shake, Buca di Beppo, Waffle House, wine tasting, arena food at the basketball games...just to name some of it.

On a similarly happy note, I am wearing a pair of pants that haven't fit in three years.  I don't actually think they ever fit me; I vaguely recall buying them for really cheap even though they were just a smidgen to tight to wear at the time, planning to lose the pound or two that I needed to get in them.  But, they are fitting now.

I've been doing a lot of diet books reading recently.  It is sort of fascinating (to the researcher in me) that there are so many kinds, methods, etc revolving around the same foods but one labels something as good, and another labels it bad.  Even vegetables get nicked; I read one article where onions were off limits. I think the key is to find something that works and go with it.  I was feeling really good when we were trying the high protein diet, and I think once Peter is back from Seattle we may go back to that.  It improves my energy and jump starts my weight loss.  I have decided, at least for now, that once I get rid of this excess weight I an going to try Bob Greene's Best Life Diet.  He designed it for Oprah, and while she clearly didn't keep up with it, it has the most reasonable maintenance plan of any of the books I've read. And it's just plain common sense, but I still need a "method" mapped out for me.  While there are more details, the long and short of it is to match your eating to your activity level.

And this week is a bit of a bust since Peter is away; I am on the all cereal diet :-)  I am so terrible about eating when I only have to feed myself. I was watching Eat Pray Love last night and Julia Roberts' character made herself breakfast in Italy...I think I need to try that approach. We'll see how it goes.

The Bod Pod is coming back to the area next month, so I want to go back and get re-measured.  I am hoping to see an improvement in my overall numbers.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh! I want to do the Bod Pod too. Mostly because I am a glutton for statistical punishment... but maybe it will give me some sort of base for a plan of action!

Julie S said...

You'll find out how many calories you need to consume to just exist...