Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bummer

Well, I seemed to have found the weight that April lost. In fact, I think she left it in my coffee cup and I drank it all up!

I was up ABOVE the horror number this morning. I kind of half expected to be, but none the less it was depressing. I have exercised every day since Ash Wednesday (except Sundays). My eating the past couple of days has been bad - but I am eating daily salads - which is a start. I CAN'T do the No Sweets! No Whatever! thing again, because all that does is make me want to eat exactly that. And so it is counter productive.

What I DO need to do is start counting calories again. I need to get back on track with my eating.

I am hoping that this up TICK TOCK is because of my period, but I can't remember the last time I had it - so I don't know when it is next due. I may just be fat.

2 comments:

April said...

AMY!!! Stop that self mutilating talk! We already talked about this but I'll post for the "halibut"...consistancy is key. If you keep this up you will see results (I know it) Even if it is just an increase in energy...the number on the scale only has power if you give it power.

Regarding sweets...I don't know if you've tried this but I really think you should try a clense...like 2 weeks of NO SWEETS! I had a horrible sweet issue until I did this and I will tell you that after a week (or so) I stopped thinking about sweets and carbs every minute of every day! It really worked for me (maybe not for you but wth, try it).

Emily said...

The No-whatever diets DO make you want whatever. And 2 weeks isn't anything close to long enough to get it out of your system.. But I have found that after about five weeks of Lent, when I've given up sweets, that I stop thinking about them. (Unfortunately, then Easter arrives a week or so later with far too many sweets, and then even one tiny little taste sets me off again. I need to go on a no sweets diet for the summer, when it's not candy season and there's so much good, sweet fruit available. Then I'd still have seven weeks after the craving wears off!) So the no-whatever approach isn't completely counter-productive (consider the no-cigarettes approach to quitting smoking, for example), but it takes a long, long time to work, during which time you can't slip up even once or you have to start over. Which is a pain.