Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi!

I would say this new "April" started around February 1, 2011. 

My Goals?? 
  • Get back into my size 10 pants
  • Get down to 150lbs
  • Enjoy a healthy self esteem as an example for my beautiful baby girl
  • Run a 5K
  • (maybe) participate in a triathlon
  • Continue a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life

How have I gotten started??
The first week in February I did 5 days of a "cleanse"...part of the Suddenly Slim program, I cut out most carbohydrates and seriously cut my daily intake of calories.  I lost 6lbs during these few days and I know most of it was water...the purpose was more for me to jump start my motivation then to actually lose weight.  IT WORKED!  The next week I was introduced to the Green Monster.  This alone has attributed to a huge increase in energy for me!  My Green Monster is a combination of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, blueberries, banana and about 2 cups of spinach...blended to perfection!!!  I have a green monster EVERY morning!  In addition to the Green Monster I have adjusted my eating drastically.  If I'm being honest...I had an awful diet before I made this commitment to myself.  I would think nothing of eating fast food and could probably eat a whole pizza without even thinking about it.  The worst part is that I was a closet eater.  I never serve this crap to my family so why am I eating it myself??  In addition to that...I was a couch potato!  I have 3 beautiful healthy babies (6 - Mason, 4 - Dominic and 6 months - Olivia) and I want them to have a healthy happy Mommy...not the grumpy, lazy Mommy!

This time I'm not "dieting" per say.  I've changed the way I look at and think about food.  I eat when I'm hungry, only whole grains, fruit, veggies and lean proteins.  I eat about 5 small meals a day and most of them before 5pm.  I try not to eat at night.  I drink a TON of water and I DON'T deprive myself.  If there is something I want to enjoy, I do (in moderation).  I LOVE FOOD.  This is part of my problem...I'm not partial or picky at all!  I love pretty much EVERY FOOD THAT GOD CREATED!  The great news is that although I've always raised my kids will healthy habits, this new way of cooking and shopping just reinforces it.     

Next step after changing my food was to think about getting active.  This is when I decided to join an aerobics class with Bel Air Rec.  We meet Tuesday and Thursday for a hour.  This was my foray into exercise.  After 3 C-Sections...my muscles are seriously out of shape.  The aerobics class was just enough to get me started.  March 2nd...I decided to start C25K (Couch to 5K).  This is a walking/running program that can train you to go from...no exercise to running a 5K in just 2 months.  This has worked for alot of people really close to me.  I've planned to participate in a 5K in the beginning of June with my husband and his family.  We shall see how this goes...I don't like to over promise to anyone, including myself. 

So TODAY...
Yesterday I completed day 7 of C25K and since it was Ash Wednesday...I decided to give up meat for lent and see how the vegetarian lifestyle treats me.  To date...I have lost 13lbs and 6 inches but I've gained ALOT MORE.  In addition to the energy I mentioned, I'm happier, I'm a better mom, I have a better marriage, and just feel better then I have in 11 years.

more about me later...
Thanks for including me :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome to the group!!! Sounds like you're doing great with your goals--congratulations!!!

Emily said...

Hi, April! We sure need someone new and enthusiastic around here -- thanks for joining us! If you despair about the tired posts from recent history, go back to the beginning of the blog and read some of the early posts -- we were enthusiastic and made a lot of progress with that energy.

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

Amy said...

April started her own blog on Blog Spot. What I want to know is "why isn't ours as pretty as hers?" Check it out!

http://fitfloyd.blogspot.com/

April said...

Thanks Ladies...I won't bore everyone with my crazy comments but if you want to laugh at/with me, you can check out my journal/blog at www.fitfloyd.blogspot.com I posted 5 times yesterday, LOL!

April said...

that is too funny!!! WANT ME TO MAKE IT PRETTY?!?!

Emily said...

Ours isn't pretty because we started ours in ancient history before there were pretty possibilities. I've been thinking it BADLY needs an upgrade but I keep forgetting to bring it up. So, yes, April, if you're volunteering, PLEASE make ours pretty!