Thursday, March 31, 2011

Green Monster Report

So Peter made us each a Green Monster this morning...somehow they were more the color of hot asphalt though.  We used wild blueberries instead of regular ones; maybe they are more purple?  The banana flavor really came through in ours, and there was no hint of spinach at all, which made me extremely happy.  The flax seeds didn't grind up well, so you did have to chew every so often. Overall I will give it a thumbs up, however I think the next time I may make mine a Hawaiian Green Monster and add some pineapple.  I need those types of drinks to be tangy, so the flavor was a little flat for me. I'm thinking a handful of frozen pineapple chunks in place of my ice will do the trick.

Thanks for the introduction to the GM!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Or try yogurt. That gave mine a tanginess. Although Pineapple sounds REALLY YUMMY!

April said...

I agree! I'm putting pineapple and banana in mine next week. I <3 pineapple!!!! It will be like a pina colada (sp)

Amy said...

April's often look more like zombie flesh than a green monster too. I think it does depend on how much spinach you use and how juicy your blueberries are. You can also get flax meal - which is actually better. Our bodies can't digest whole flax seeds, so if they aren't crushed by the blender or chewed by your teeth they will pass right through you.