Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Makes you wonder...

I was totally prepared this morning to see a HORRIBLE weight after the eating we did at Eric's on Saturday. However, I was down about a pound and a half from last week! Go figure. However, I couldn't help but wonder what my weight would have been had I NOT eaten like a greedy pig dog Saturday night. OTOH, I spent a good chunk of Sunday in the bathroom with my version of the stomach bug. I also didn't eat much of anything yesterday either... so maybe it isn't so surprising.

Well - today is my favorite holiday.. FAT TUESDAY! Pancake day! Katie and I have had the tradition of going out to IHOP for dinner on Fat Tuesday pretty much ever since she moved in with me. Now, I have converted my coworkers to the wonders of Pancake Day. They have all been talking about going out for a pancake lunch today for two weeks now. Luckily, we will be going to Bob Evans rather than IHOP for lunch. I don't think even I could do two meals in one day at IHOP, and that really IS a Katie and Amy tradition.

Luckily weigh in day is TODAY and not tomorrow.

Luckily tomorrow is a fast day!

Starting on Thursday I will be doing Body for Life for Lent. It is actually a 12 week plan - and Lent is only six weeks... but I want to see how I do for the six weeks before I commit to all 12 weeks. The last time I did this - ten years ago! - I did pretty well on it. The main feature of it is eating every three hours a carb AND a protein and then exercising 6 days a week, alternating cardio, upper body work and lower body work. The problem is that I can't find my book. I bought the new book - Body for Life for Women - but it doesn't seem as comprehensive as the original book.

No comments: