Monday, May 17, 2010

Well rested

I took two days off--Friday and Sunday--to give myself some downtime and potentially avoid injury. On Saturday I rode 19 miles, which was great except for the rough road. Lordy, they should give some warning! They had "roughed up" a section of road about two miles long in preparation for repaving, but there were no signs warning that this section was coming up (at least not from the end where I got on--when I got off there were big electronic signs warning of road work) and I had no idea how long it was going to last. I think if I had been warned that it wasn't going to end until I got off the road, I would have turned around after a couple hundred feet and gone back the way I came! As it was, every bone in my body got shaken up and rattled around and I said a lot of bad words. I kept expecting bits of my bicycle to fall off. I planned to go for a run after that, but ran out of time - Brian had to be somewhere about a half an hour after I got home. But I think there was enough interval-y about the workout (lots of hills) that it'll count towards that goal.

It looks like today's run will be on a treadmill--the rain is pretty steady out there. Phooey. Time passes much more slowly on the treadmill. Or maybe just being forced to watch daytime television makes it seem that way.

No comments: