Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I forgot to weigh-in

In spite of the fact that it was my first thought today. I forgot by the time I got to the bathroom. Oh well - I don't particularly care what my daily weight is. Or even my weekly weight. I know it is a good 100 pounds above what it should be. Maybe I will do my weigh in days once a year instead of once a week. Maybe seasonally. I will weigh myself on the first day of each season. Yeah - that sounds about right.

So I went to the doctor yesterday. She said that I am actually retaining water up into my calves and shins. She made me do a pee sample. Yuck. She said that there was blood in my urine - which could be because of the urinary track infection I have (joy), or it could be something else. She took blood to check my kidney and liver functions and to also test my potassium and sodium levels. I wonder how long I have had the infection? Shea told me LAST SUMMER that there was something off on my bladder meridian. However, she told me that because my big toe felt swollen. It still feels swollen, but I have learned to live with it.

I am on day three of doing situps in the morning. Again, I say it can't hurt.

I found another farm near by that does community supported agriculture. It is Springfield Farm. They also have eggs and meat and stuff - including bison. I so like the idea of eating locally. Aparently there is going to be a big farmer's market at the Timonium Fair Grounds on Wednesday afternoons beginning in June. YAY!

No comments: