Saturday, May 01, 2010

Backsliding

Here is where I start to make excuses.

The past couple of weeks have been really, really bad in just about every sense of the word--major deadlines at work, major activities at home, and Connor quite sick on top of that, the result being that I've been eating badly (really scary bad PMS too!), not sleeping much at all, and not exercising. This week I got in one run. Last week I did two. And that was it, unless you count slow walking (proposed new form of torture: put terror suspects in ill fitting dress heels and have them stand for an hour, then slow walk in a tight circle for another hour, then back to the standing, then walking--that should be enough to put them in extreme agony and willing to give up any information just for the chance to sit in a folding chair!), which was my all-day activity on Wednesday (Claire's field trip), Friday evening (wine tasting event, where I drank no wine at all), and today (Girl Scout event). Right now I'm in so much pain (SI joint) and general achiness (all over) that I can't get comfortable.

My weight is creeping back up--148.8 last week, 149 this week. No idea what it is now. Probably back over 150, and I'm not happy about that either.

But things should ease up (at work at least) this week, so I can start taking lunch breaks again so I can get back to the gym. That'll also go a long way to helping my mood, which will help the incessant eating. I hate it when I KNOW I'll regret eating what I'm eating, but I can't stop myself from doing it anyway.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

I live in this state permanently it seems. But my excuses involve the class I teach, the one I'm taking and then work.