Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stressing hard...

My running spell was broken by a very intense work/school schedule. I can't begin to explain how happy I will be when this semester is over. The sad part is that the next few weeks do not look any better. I have two big presentations coming up, and I have nothing finished yet for them. I have a number of maps that need to be submitted for a map gallery, and again is finished yet. Some aren't even started yet. And I have a final exam in my statistics class that I have no idea how I am going to pass. I can do the labs, etc, but I depend heavily on the book for guidance. I will only have my brain for the exam, and I think that will be really, really bad.

And the regular demands of our social life can be overwhelming; I try to keep up with everything that is going on, but I am not always that great about it. We have a baby shower to attend Saturday (people are really big into these coed showers) and it stinks because I don't really like the mother and father to be, but yet I am going to waste my entire Saturday afternoon on them. They are very snarky people, and the mother to be is fairly mean to Peter. I feel like I have to go because the party is being hosted by a good friend that I do like, and there is a whole separate level of drama surrounding that.

*Sigh* I think I need to refocus somehow. Anyone know of a good book to read for that? There has to be one. (I always chuckle at myself because every time I need help with something, I turn to Barnes & Nobles. There HAS to be a book for that!!!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you tried "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff?" Or, alternately, Dave Barry's new book "I'll Mature When I'm Dead." I think Dave Barry will give a better perspective on life overall.

I'm heading into a similar period--the end of the year with school and scouts and work is always insane. I spend my lunch breaks shopping for supplies for scouts, my evenings at concerts and awards ceremonies and my weekends building cardboard boats and going camping. Sure, it all SOUNDS fun and relaxing, but it's relentless and deadline driven and gives me no time to breathe. I remember the two weeks before encampment last year I didn't go to bed before 2 a.m. more than once or twice. And in the past 24 hours I've been handed two major grant applications--one for $1 million and one for $2 million and they both have to be done in the next three weeks!