Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's summer again

I need to go find my running hat that I bought last year when I got fed up with being blinded by sweat during my runs. I've been so spoiled the last month and a half with our wonderful low humidity--even when the temperature was higher than it was yesterday, I didn't sweat buckets (or maybe I did but it all evaporated like it's supposed to instead of dripping into my eyes). Seriously, it wasn't that hot yesterday but the humidity in the afternoon (about two hours before the storms hit) was awful. By the time I got back to the gym my hair was a big mass of frizz and I was drenched head to foot. And it hadn't started raining yet.

Yesterday's run was another bunch of sprint intervals, about 3.7 miles total. I was back out on the road for this one, but reduced my sprint distances since that so thorougly killed me last week. This time I was sprinting from one lamp post to the next, then walking to the next one. Sprints took me about 20 seconds, so it was something less than 100 yards between posts. My warm up run in advance was longer than planned--I went around the cross country track instead of heading out of the parking lot as I normally do, but the end of the track was locked where it meets up with the road/sidewalk, so I had to backtrack, which added a quarter mile to the total run. I'm sure I looked like an idiot too, running down that track and then back up the way I came, but I would have looked like more of an idiot trying to jump the fence.

Back to the pool today (right now, really--I'd better head over there) and then I get a day off tomorrow! This will be 7 days in a row for me, which I didn't intend but it just kind of worked out that way. I'm hoping that I can take off tomorrow, do a brick on Saturday, then take Sunday off too.

No comments: