Monday, May 03, 2010

Playing mind games with myself

First my condolences to every one on the loss of Kirsten. From what Sarah said it sounds like she's in a much better and less painful place.

I wish I had something even remotely positive to report in regards to my fitness/weight.

But I will make an announcement that winter -- for me -- is finally over. What does that mean you ask? It's been 90-bleepin' degrees. But I feel like I've been in multiple ruts with my fitness.

First, I'm stuck in this horrible winter routine of not getting the fresh food I need and want. The market starts Saturday and there should be a few veggies and fruits hitting the stands. So that should help.

But I just finally decided that the laziness about fitness and diet has to end now. I don't like my expanding waistline and it's definitely getting harder to reduce without crazy amounts of exercise but I'm ready ready READY. So May is a huge fitness month.

Second, my new job has been insane, in fact, beyond insane. When I started mid-March I made an immediate shift from a temp job into the new one. I was supposed to work a schedule of 11-7 or so but pretty much ended up getting out of bed in the morning, putting the computer in my lap and blogging like crazy. It was so hectic I had trouble getting to the Capitol. The big bosses were putting undue pressure on us to produce. A couple of weeks ago after an email exchange I didn't think I could deal with it anymore. Really. One month into the job and I knew I'd be burned out with 6 months.

That's when the reprieve came -- we (my colleague and myself) were told we'd be hiring two more people and we could reduce our workload. I felt the sanity returning. If that's possible.

I'm a creature of routine and I need some kind of schedule to perform at my best on all levels.

So that's the part I'm working on ... getting into a *good* routine and cutting this winter weight. I hope from now on to be able to report progress.



No comments: