Tuesday, May 25, 2010

145.2

I'm not sure I'm willing to accept that as an official weight for weigh-in day. While losing two pounds in a week is reasonable, this weight drop happened overnight (except for that one day of 145.4 last week)--my last two weights (Saturday and yesterday) were 146.6 and 146.2, so I suspect I'm more like around 146. It also doesn't really surprise me to lose a pound between Monday and Tuesday. I often COUNT on that weight loss, but only because I overindulge on weekends. This weekend I didn't overindulge, so I didn't expect a loss from yesterday to today.

You know how they say that you can't target particular areas to lose fat from your body? You can tone areas up, but fat loss happens all over. I don't think I'm buying that anymore. I just took my waist and hip measurements last night and compared them to about six weeks ago, and my hips have lost an inch and a half (half an inch smaller than when I was 135 pounds, btw) but my waist hasn't lost anything (one and a half inches larger than 135 pounds). I really need liposuction and a tummy tuck.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, don't we all! I've been frustrated by the lack of fat loss from my waist, too. My weight has gone down but I've stopped taking measurements because it's so depressing. I am above the recommended waist-to-hip ratio, and by the waist-to-height ratio chart I saw recently I am officially obese. This makes no sense -- you can look at me and tell I'm not obese. I've decided these charts are not designed for extremely short-waisted people -- some of the thickness at my waist is leftover from my hips.