Tuesday, May 18, 2010

149

So I'm right back to where I was. I dropped down to 146 on Sunday morning, but it climbed back up in a hurry. I was very careful about my diet last week but let things fall apart over the weekend -- this wouldn't be that bad if I recovered immediately on Monday, but this week (as is typical for me) the bad eating habits carried over to Monday as well. Bleah. Today's weight is my weekly wake-up call, so I'm back to watching it. Until the weekend.

Yesterday I went to the gym and realized I couldn't face the pounding of the treadmill yet, so I did 45 minutes on the elliptical instead. It's been a while since the last time I used the elliptical so I'm not certain I picked the same level I've been doing -- it felt right at first, but in the end it felt like an easier workout than I was expecting. So I might be in better shape, or it might be that the elliptical is so much more gentle on my joints that it just seemed easier by contrast. The calorie count on the machine was certainly a lovely number, though!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, the weekends always leave me with a temporary weight gain, although fortunately being in the office on Mondays forces me back into good eating habits. I was 147 on Friday, 149.2 on Monday morning, then back down to 147 today.

What's with the elliptical and the calories burned? It always seems to read really high for me, too, but my HRM doesn't record a higher calorie burn on the elliptical than it does running.