Friday, June 01, 2007

Whew!

I went for my interview at 10 am today and it went extremely well. On one had I felt bad interviewing because I am 99% sure there is no way I can absorb the pay cut to take the teaching job if they offer it to me, but at the same time I wanted to come in first on the list because I am the only one that currently teaches there at CCBC and it would be embarassing to be beat out. It was extremely smooth and very interactive. My answers were absolute perfect segways into the next question on the list the panel had. It was very ironic. During my 20 minute presentation, the one panel member was taking notes on what I was talking about--not about my style or anything like that. I saw her writing down things that I said, like the difference in absolute and relative location. So, we'll see what happens.

There was no exercise to be had last night as I crammed for my interview today. There will be none tonight either, and I plan to drink after work.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad the interview went well! I know what you mean about wanting to get offered the job even when you know you probably won't take it. I had an interview at a museum on the eastern shore a couple of years ago and went through the same process--I wanted to blow them away in the interview, but it was clear in my mind that there was no way I was moving out there (besides the fact that I'd have to take a huge pay cut in the process)!