Saturday, June 23, 2007

Maybe progress?

The scale read 147.5 this morning, which was definitely down from what I've been seeing since we got back from our trip. So it's possible the exercise and pathetic mild restraint are working. Yesterday I did 40 minutes on the bike at the gym (and I bumped it up a level) and managed to cram in 3 dozen reps on each of the chest press and shoulder press, even though I was short on time. At home I did 82 crunches (it was going to be 90 but the phone rang). Today I'm still trying to convince the kids we should go on a bike ride but so far nothing's happening on that front, because Alexander is playing with a friend.

Food yesterday: my usual breakfast, lunch of yogurt (sweetened) and two pretzel rods, snacks of almonds and a quarter pear, dessert of two caramels and eight M&Ms. For dinner I had a slice of pizza (only one, but it was loaded) and three very small cheesy breadsticks (so it added up to one slice of plain cheese, effectively), and two beers, and dessert of several handfuls of popcorn (movie night with the kids). I think that was it for the day. Dinner more than made up for my lack of calories during the rest of the day, though!

Today I've had my usual breakfast, two rounds of almonds, lunch of plain lowfat yogurt with granola, a banana, half a pear, and a caramel. So fruit seems to be well covered (for a change) so I need to focus on vegetables this afternoon, and I have some room for grains!

No comments: