Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday, Monday...

My weight was up all weekend - but I must have a mental block about it, because I can't honestly tell you what it was. It was up though!

Anyway, my food wasn't great - but I was pretty good with exercise. Katie and I went to PF Changs in Columbia on Saturday night followed by The Friendly Inn. The food an PF Changs was INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to go back. We had enough leftovers for lunch/dinner last night too. Yesterday for Father's Day we all went to Mom and Dad's for breakfast. Katie and I picked up doughnuts and bagels coffee on the way over. It was fun. I ended up eating TWO doughnuts. I didn't really want two - but Claire took bite from one and then didn't want it. So Sarah said "Well give it to AA." THIS is why Sarah is skinny and I am MORE than skinny. 8-)

So Friday night late (like 9pm) Katie and I went to the gym. I was really tired so I ended up just doing cardio on the treadmill while Katie did resistance. We were there about 40 minutes (36 minutes on the treadmill). Then yesterday after father's day breakfast Katie and I went BACK to the gym and this time we both were on the treadmill. We set it for the Alpine Pass for 25 minutes. At about 17 minutes my treadmill stopped DEAD. Luckily I wasn't running so I didn't go flying off the front. For about 5 minutes prior to that it had been surging from about 3.5 mph to 3.9 mph when it should have been going at a steady 3.7. Anyway I finished on another machine. I REALLY liked the alpine pass. It was a nice mix of inclines and speeds. You can set you own top pace and your own top incline. I set the top pace at 3.7 but then bumped it up to 3.9, I set the top incline a 4.0 but I wish I had done it a little higher. Then we did our abs again. As I said before the workout Heather did with us the other day was too complex for us to remember - we did the pass the ball from our legs to our arms. I did two sets of 8, Katie did two sets I think of 12. Then we did the high middle crunches - which are pretty straight forward crunches alternating with your arms straight up and then between your knees. I did 30 hanging abs and Katie did crunches on the ball. We then BOTH did the abs machines for our back, abs and obliques. THEN we worked on the machines that aren't on our normal workout: inner and outer thighs and the row and I think there is one more - but I can't remember what... It was a pretty good workout. We are supposed to go to Boxing tonight - which I will go to if I get out of work on time.

I don't know why, but I have noticed for the past several days or more I have gotten MUCH closer to 10000 steps. This is great for me considering that I was strugging to make 4000 before.

No comments: