Thursday, June 07, 2007

Flip Flop

Yesterday I was 222.4 today I was 224.2. That was because last night Katie and I went to Bonefish and I told them to bring us bread. I ate most of it dipped in the creamy wine sauce that came on the mussels we ordered. I also had two mojitos. Yum! We had coconut fried shrim and bacon wrapped scallops. Really - we were THAT bad!

We also didn't go to boxing class last night. Katie was sore from over extending herself on Tuesday - and she had her trainers meeting last night. I had mine yesterday morning, but it was so light (compared to boxing) that I feel like I didn't do anything. In fact, I almost posted today that I was being bad with my exercise - totally forgetting that I did a whole body workout yesterday morning! I did miss the boxing.


My food (aside from last night's Bonefish binge) hasn't been too bad. I have noticed that I am feeling far less inclined to snack all night. That is great! I bought a box of 73% cocoa organic chocolate bars that are supposed to be very good for you. I had 1/3 of a bar last night (which is a serving size) and that was perfect! It was enough like candy to make me feel as though I had indulged - but bitter and rich enough that I didn't want to eat the whole bar.

I met with Dr. Haber (the endocrinologist) again yesterday. We talked more about what I went to see him for yesterday. He said he got so waylaid by my thyroid that he never got back to the original question. He wants to do another biopsy on my thyroid bump in December. He said that mine is large enough that he would like to have two negative biopsy before dismissing it. Then we talked about my weight loss/gain. He said that hormonally I am normal. He won't put me on metformin unless there is a reason to - which so far there isn't. So he said that we can LOOK for reasons... He wants me to go for a glucose tolerance test. This involves me eating a HIGH carb diet for a few days before, then drinking some sugar gunk and then having my blood tested every 30 minutes for two hours. Ugh. I don't think this will turn anything up either - but we will see. Should I fail this test - I guess fail is the right word - then he would try me on Metformin. The only other drugs that help with weight loss are for people who overeat - which I just don't do. Sigh.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I wouldn't expect anything much out of the GTT -- they do these for pregnant women and I always pass with flying colors. I'm closer to being hypoglycemic than diabetic. I just don't think that's the issue with you. Sigh. I'm sorry.