Tuesday, June 19, 2007

STOP THE MADNESS

Oh My Goosssness!! (That was how Claire said it when she was two!) My weight today was 226.4!! AN ALL NEW HIGH! This was after pretty much sweating to death last night at boxing. I am hoping it is my pre-period spike. I don't know though, the spike was on May 21st last month and my period was May 23. That would mean that if it was a consistent pattern (which it isn't) I would be getting my period tomorrow or Thursday - which would put me on a 28 day cycle - and the one thing my period WON'T do is 28 days. I will do 23 days or 42 days - but 28 is just impossible! Actually I hope it IS the pre-period spike because that would be I would be mostly done with it by the time we go to Disney on Saturday.

Anyway - I can say my eating behavior yesterday was definitely pre-menstrual. I hit the vending machine THREE TIMES yesterday. It doesn't help that since Katie is no longer working I am on my own for packing my lunch and making breakfast. I just don't do it. I brought food with me yesterday, but when I was craving sweet - I didn't want fruit, I wanted a candy bar (and later in the day cookies) and when I was craving salt, I didn't want my V-8 I wanted Pringles! Why is that!? When I am pre-menstrual I definitely want to chew solid food - with very little water content. I want CARBS!

I keep trying to give myself deadlines to improve my behavior pattern, but I fail each time. I also latch onto any excuse to postpone my behavior improvements. Right now, however, I am going to keep doing what I am doing this week - TRY to be good on vacation - and then beginning right after I get back from Disney, I want to really crack down on my eating. I have to say I am happy with my exercise right now. It IS getting easier to make myself workout. I really like Brick Bodies. I hope Katie continues her membership there too - because it is much easier to stay motivated when you have a partner. But as I said back on day one - I think it has to be a combination of good eating and good exercise. Man! I SO wish I could quit eating like I quit smoking. Or OTOH I so wish smoking wasn't bad for you. I was doing OK holding my weight at or below my starting weight (215.4) until I DID quit smoking. Since then it has been a steady climb (and not so slow) upwards. Sigh.

Boxing last night was good. My knee had been bothering me all day - more so than normal. I feared that if I went boxing, I would make it worse or not be able to finish the workout - or do such damage that walking at Disney would be pure torture. None of that seemed to happen. I decided to go anyway - figuring that if it WAS going to get worse I just wouldn't go on Wednesday and that would give me almost a week to get it better. It actually feels better today. I didn't do the squats so much - just balanced on the wiggly things. I did do the step ups - which weren't too bad... I didn't do the jumping up thing. I just streatched up instead. The only real pain I felt was when I had to kneel on my knee at the very end when we were doing "push ups". I put "push ups" in quotes - because I can't say there is anything pushy or UP about what I do. I felt better when I noticed that Katie was failing almost at the same point as I was this time. It is good to have a partner.

No comments: