Friday, June 15, 2007

I have a bike trailer!

Actually I bought it before we left for Europe because that's when it went on sale -- I gave up on doing all the research and getting the perfect trailer, or on expecting someone to get one for me as a present, and just bought the cheapest one I could find. I'm simply not a good enough cyclist to need something snazzy. (I've always felt bad about how I bought my bicycle -- I went to the store with Daniel intending to do some research, but Daniel wanted the decision over and done with and the guy in the store played to this, so we bought an expensive bike that was probably way more than I needed and then I have hardly ridden it because I got pregnant six months later and have always had small children since. Now I just wish I had a $75 all-purpose bike from Target instead of a $500, eight-year-old Cannondale racer.)

Anyway, I finally put it together today and just rode around the school with Cecilia in the back so that I could get used to it. She really seemed to enjoy it, and I could hardly tell the thing was there, though this was flat ground for the most part. The hills on the Huckleberry Trail will almost certainly tax me! Alexander isn't quite up to a long ride yet but I'm going to work on it with him -- he doesn't like the idea of losing the training wheels yet but I can tell he'd probably be a lot better off without them! I suspect once Mary, Cecilia and I all take off without him he'll be sorry to be left behind, so that might motivate him to ride more confidently. Once he can ride with us I have no excuse for not going out for a ride every day that the weather's good.

I have had very little exercise otherwise this week. I missed the gym on Wednesday because Alexander was sick and I didn't make an appointment for today because Mary was leaving for her camp-out and I didn't realize the times wouldn't have conflicted. And I've been a total lazy bum at home. And I haven't been dieting, either. NEXT week. Really. Sigh.

No comments: