Friday, June 22, 2007

Failed at the self-challenge

Yesterday I didn't get any exercise after all -- I honestly don't know when I should have squeezed it in. We had school and projects going all morning and into the afternoon, and then I took the kids to the pool, and then I worked on laundry and dinner, and after dinner we got the kids ready for bed, and Cecilia has been really difficult for me at bedtime lately so it was 10 pm by the time I came downstairs.

On the other hand, being busy all day meant I didn't really snack -- I had some almonds a few times, and then I ate one marshmallow for dessert. But Daniel and I split a bottle of wine so I had about three half-glasses and a bit of cheese (but not that much -- we were almost down to the rind on the cheese anyway). I had my usual breakfast, lunch of tuna on a half pita (white, so not particularly nutritious), and chicken fried rice with vegetables for dinner (not low fat, but I didn't eat a very huge portion). I also had a fourth of a pear (only one was ripe so we shared it) and one caramel after lunch (but I have to be careful with the caramels because the kids know about them now so if I get caught eating one they get them, too).

With these pathetic attempts at dieting and at least some exercise this week I've been below 150 the past two days (I wasn't on Wednesday!). So maybe I can keep it there for next week and then start to see some downward progress as I get better at remembering I'm on a diet.

No comments: