Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Whew!

I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I was 140.5 this morning. That's still terrible but it's within what I expected after last week -- I was bracing myself for about 141 yesterday. The good thing about yesterday's 143.5 was that it woke me up and shocked me into getting back with the program. Yesterady I ate well all day and I even exercised.

Let's see, food: after lunch yesterday I had two more helpings of almonds, fourteen mini pretzels, and a few goldfish, but I think that was it on snacks. For dinner I had a Caesar salad, largeish, and a small helping of spaghetti with our usual sauce (ground turkey, green peppers, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, seasonings), and milk to drink, and then another piece of taffy for dessert. As the evening wore on I was genuinely hungry so I ate twelve tortilla chips (the bite size) and a tiny bit of salsa. Today I've had breakfast (honey nut shredded wheat and skim milk) and lunch (yogurt and 14 pretzels, and two scraggly pieces of ham) and a piece of taffy. So I'm OK so far.

Yesterday I did as I threatened and put Mary on her bike and the others in the stroller and went for a walk. Mary was slow getting started but once she was moving she went a lot faster than I could (she did great!), so I did a lot of jogging to keep her in sight (more than I wanted to, since I was wearing my jeans) and it was a pretty interesting workout, if only 2.5 miles. Today we'd love to go out again but we're babysitting starting at 4, so I'm not sure how that will work -- Xander can only go so far on his tricycle, so I couldn't just put both babies in the stroller. I might have to wait until Daniel gets home for me to go out, or I'll have to figure out something to do at home. We will at least walk to French class today, so that's a half mile or so round trip. Better than nothing! No excuses...

No comments: