Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weightless

I don't have my scale at the beach so I can pretend I've lost three pounds since last week. Or ten. So I finally weigh 129. I haven't been eating fabulously well but I have been eating less than usual, because I've been so impossibly busy. I thought vacations were supposed to be relaxing! Yesterday I drove all the way to the airport and back without any food at all -- and then I ate about five Oreo cookies when I got here, so that part wasn't so good. I have done some walking every day -- on Sunday the big kids and I walked a mile down the strip and back again in search of paper and markers (and then we gave up and I took Mom and Dad's car out). Most of that way I was carrying Alexander. On the other hand, I'm not going up and down stairs the way I would at home, so it probably evens out, and I'm just a slug as always.

I dreamed last night that Amy was making fun of me for starting to gain the weight back now that I've stopped exercising. She said that the weight I'd lost so far was water weight. And in the dream it was 90 pounds, not 35. I'd be seriously dehydrated if I lost 90 pounds of water! We ran all over the stockroom of an enormous Toys'R'Us that was under construction while I argued with her. Hee hee! I must be feeling guilty about not exercising. (Actually, I know I am -- I didn't need a weird dream to tell me that.)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Mock you??!! I am definitely more of a "feel my pain!" type of person. And WATER WEIGHT COUNTS! I am delighted if I lose ANY weight - even if that involves me sitting in a sauna for hours or taking laxatives!! No, no, Emily, this sounds more like the litte angel/devil on your shoulder has been borrowing my face. 8-)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

How on earth did you get on to post this? Didn't Daniel have to drive to Salisbury to get Internet access?

Emily said...

When I checked for access with my computer from the condo on Saturday night, nothing showed up, so Daniel took his computer downtown, then to a Starbucks in West OC, then finally to Salisbury. Then Monday morning he booted his laptop at the condo and discovered a connection -- and Mom and Dad had no problem finding it, either. My laptop also found it, but then later in the day it disappeared for me, but not for everybody else. It's been like that ever since -- I get it for a few hours each day (like now), and then it vanishes completely, while other computers have no problem. So if we'd only checked with Daniel's machine to begin with, we'd have had no problem finding a signal! Sheesh.