Thursday, September 28, 2006

Food Bad Exercise Good

I have decided that it just doesn't matter WHAT I eat - my weight stays the same. Same goes for exercise - but I like my muscles to be firmer - which I CAN see as a result of exercise - so I guess I will stick with that.

I was bad on Tuesday. I didn't eat my breakfast - so ate my sandwich at 11:30ish. Then after my lunch meeting I came back and Melanie had bought the 2 cheeseburger meal from McDs again - and AGAIN FORCED me to eat her extra burger. Darn her. So - I had a training session at 3 that I totally forgot about - and went rushing out in a frenzy - and stayed frenzied like for the whole class... came back to my desk at 5:15 and my boss had put a big chocolate chip cookie on my desk to make up for my panic mode earlier. Of course I ate it - I felt as though I earned it at that point. After that I was pretty good. I think - perhaps not. We have Caribou granola bars in our house. They are really good - and addictive. I can eat several in the course of an evening and not feel like I am being bad. I mean - come on! They are little and healthy. Right? Sigh.

Yesterday I was better. I had a large latte and toast for breakfast, a PB&Pickles for lunch, spinach (not fresh) and a grilled gouda burger for dinner. I DID eat two Caribou bars during the day and evening - but two isn't too terrible. I didn't eat any fruit (bad) and minimal vegetables.

I DID exercise yesterday. I had my training session at the gym. I am really sore today. I didn't think that a session that can be done at home would be as rough on me as the ones I do at the gym - but by the way my legs feel I was wrong. He has me doing lots of stuff with the big inflatable ball (I have to get one yet). That really works your legs and abs - even if all you are doing is sitting on the darn thing doing curls. Since it is unstable you have to brace with your core muscles. Derek was fasinated with my creaky knees. He was crouched on the ground listening to them while I was doing squats. It was very strange. He asked me if they hurt - I said not really. He told me I should have my doctor check them - but as long as they weren't hurting then I should be OK. Katie - when was it that my knees started being noisy on the stairs? Last winter? The year before? I know it is a pretty new feature.

No comments: