Monday, September 25, 2006

Not doing so well

My weight has been all over the place the past few days--down to 132, up to 135. I didn't get to the gym at all last week. Wednesday, of course, I went running while Claire was in swimming lessons, but my Friday gym visit didn't happen because I left work early so that Brian could get enough sleep (he had been up all morning with Connor getting his gammaglobulin, so he only got to bed around 1:00 and I didn't want him to have to then get up at 3:30, especially since we knew he'd have a day of no sleep on Sunday). So no running that day, but I did take Davey for a long (55 minute) walk in the evening.

Saturday was a slug day--housework, reading, a bit of shopping to get the kids out of the house. Then Sunday I was on my feet all day working at the college's Grand Prix, but I made up for that activity by eating too much--cheeseburger, chips, and a brownie for lunch, plus two beers and a large cookie later in the day. Then Connor and I shared a bunch of pringles while Claire was at CCD and then I ate MORE cookies in the evening. I don't know why I was packing away so much junk food yesterday.

So no excuses this week--I have to get to the gym today and Wednesday. I may leave early on Friday again so Brian can sleep (Claire has an all day field trip with the Brownies on Saturday so Brian will be home alone with Connor not sleeping again all that day, then he has to stay up all day Monday since the kids don't have school that day) but Saturday's field trip involves a downtown hike, so that'll get me some exercise. My other goal this week is to do pilates just twice. That's all--I should be able to manage that. I could even do two 25 minute videos in one evening if I wanted to (which is one thing I used to do), but I really need to get back into it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Maybe I will try for a small goal too. Now - I am not NEARLY as active as you - and mine isn't in addition to the gym - but maybe I can convince myself to do TWO work out videos this week. If I don't do them by Saturday I have to do them BOTH on Saturday, PLUS one! If I do THREE videos I don't have to exercise all weekend - unless I want to!