Friday, September 01, 2006

Checking In

Let's see, so we've been doing this a year. That makes me a bit sad--it seems like only yesterday we started. Time goes too fast sometimes. Guess I must be getting older :^)

My goals are pretty much still the same, although I suppose I should go look up exactly what they were a year ago to make sure. I am definitely better about how much I eat, and my exercise has been fairly consistent over the past year. My next step is to increase what I can do. So I'm going to focus on running I think, and on improving my speed for a certain amount of time. I don't want to run a marathon or anything crazy like that, but maybe some short races. We'll see how that plays out. I first have to get up the courage to run outside and get off the darn treadmill!! I am completely dependant on the speed settings to control my pace.

An update on this week since I think I only posted Tuesday. I survived Wednesday's class as well. One guy is going to be a pain in my butt. My first "homework" assignment was for everyone to send me an email so I could put their address in a contact list. Well, he STILL hasn't done it. Is that really a lot to ask? And he doesn't listen for crap. Asked me to repeat myself like 5 times. Finally the guy sitting next to him was just like "Go on--I'll take care of him." It was crazy. My food on M-W isn't great. I have to figure that out. Monday I had a nutragrain bar and Wed I had a muffin. Then I munched when I got home after 9 pm. Plus there was zero exercise. There's no way I can run or walk or do a video at 10 pm and then get up at 5 am to start all over again. I was soooo tired yesterday at work it was ridiculous.

An update on yesterday--no exercise and food was poor. I met some friends after work and we went to Pei Wei in Towson and then to Caribou. It was fun, but the asian food was higher in calories than what I would usually eat AND we had campfire mochas for dessert while we hung out at Caribou. I estimate the day at 2000 calories. And then all that garbage caused havoc in my stomach. Blah! It took several Tums to be able to get to sleep last night.

No comments: