Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Am I good or what?

So I didn't make it to the gym last Friday (zero sleep the night before) and I didn't make it on Monday (went home sick) but I had every intention of going today. Except that I got to work and my boss asked if we could push back our 11:00 meeting--he had another meeting that would probably run late. Fine. Then he caught me after that late-running meeting to say that another thing had come up, could he catch me a bit later? Sure. And it went on like this all afternoon. I finally decided I'd go to the gym at 3:00 when I *knew* he had another meeting, figuring I'd have the hour free. He called at 2:48 and asked if I could come to his office right then. I asked about his 3:00 meeting. It had been cancelled! And by the time I was out of the meeting with him, it was almost 4 and too late to go to the gym. Sheesh!

But then I had a brilliant idea--I had to take Claire to swimming lessons tonight and normally I'm just sitting there waiting for her, so I changed into my running clothes and spent the half hour she was at her lesson running around the UMBC campus. Yay me! It wasn't quite the same distance or intensity I do on the treadmill, but at least it was exercise. And then I came home and had poached fish, steamed broccoli, and a baked potato for dinner. Could I possibly get any more virtuous? Oh, and then I had a piece of fudge and a piece of taffy for dessert. OK, so not perfect.

No comments: