Tuesday, September 05, 2006

134.2

Apparently I gained a pound and a half over the weekend. I was 132.6 every day last week, but didn't weigh myself over the weekend, and now look where I am.

Today is the beginning of my more normal schedule. Kids are back in school for full days, Brian has started his new job. We actually ate a family meal last night! Connor was even at the table for a couple of minutes! I eat much better when Brian is home in the evenings--having another adult around helps curb my snacking, plus he expects to eat actual dinners and not just french fries. I don't know what his problem is.

Anyway, my weekend weight gain kind of surprised me. The only overeating I did was at the fair, and that was a hot dog, ice cream with peaches, and cotton candy. It could have been MUCH worse. The rest of the weekend was the normal stuff (or the weekend version of normal--I had popcorn two nights, but no breakfast for any of the three days, and unhealthy daytime snacks all three days--cookies mostly--but dinners were o.k. Last night was baked chicken, rice, and cauliflower, the fair food was dinner on Sunday, and we had veggie lasagna for dinner on Saturday. Lunch on Saturday was peanut butter and pickles, then eggs and toast on Sunday and grilled cheese on Monday (o.k. none of those were great, but they weren't terrible either). Oh, and on Friday for lunch I ate picnic food at work--hamburger (with lettuce and tomato but no cheese or any other added fat), pasta salad, raw carrots and tomatoes, and potato chips. So anyway, the food all weekend wasn't great but should have been o.k. for maintaining weight.

I also stayed pretty active--did a lot of inside cleaning on Saturday, walking on Sunday (at the fair and then a two mile walk with Davey later), yard work on Monday and a short bike ride (it started raining almost as soon as I got on, so I only did a mile or so).

I came to work today prepared to go to the gym for the first time in more than a month, but now I don't know if I'll make it--our regular weekly staff meeting is a lunch meeting this week. I hope I can get away after that meeting to get to the gym, but that depends on the work I have to get done. But with the school year started and August's craziness over, I should be able to get back to my normal exercise schedule.

No comments: