Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Real Age calculator

http://www.realage.com/

Here's the real age calculator I used. It's pretty thorough--asks about health, lifestyle, habits, stress, family history, etc. And then when you get your results (you DO have to create an account and have the results emailed to you; I don't yet know if I'm now going to be inundated with irritating email, but anytime they asked, I opted out) you can click on any of the areas and get more information about how to adjust that area to your benefit.

It also told me I should take multivitamins, which I KNOW I should do, but I can't find any I can swallow! They all make me gag, so I tried the chewable kids' vitamins and they tasted so horrible I couldn't stick with them.

Oh, and the other thing that might reduce my age more would be to get my cholesterol reading. I had it tested a year ago and I know I was either normal or low, but I didn't remember which and didn't know the actual reading, so I couldn't fill in that information.

5 comments:

Julie S said...

Viactive makes multi-vitamins that look like caramels. They have a few different flavors and you just eat 2 per day.

Sarah said...

I went to Target at lunch today and discovered the same thing (although it said just one per day, I think--I'll have to check). Tasted pretty good, too!

Emily said...

I went through a package of the calcium ones some years ago -- at first I really liked them, but they always had a metallic aftertaste to me. By the end of the package I could taste it when I ate them, and I really grew to dislike them! :-( I gather they have other flavors and other vitamin mixes now that might be better -- I hope they work for you!

Amy said...

I have to start on vitamins again. I got out of the habit about the same time I started eating better - go figure!

Julie S said...

I have only ever bought the calcium ones and I think they were 2 per day. Or maybe I was accidentally OD-ing on them. I do have difficulty following directions...

I prefer the Oil of Olay multi vitamin. I like them for 2 reasons--1, they don't make my stomach hurt, and 2, I can tell a noticable difference in my hair, skin and fingernails when I take those as opposed to just a regular multi vitamin. My nails split less, I have less break outs and my hair doesn't fall out as much or break off. But they are typical huge vitamins.