Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sticking with the program

I didn't succeed in getting any official exercise yesterday, because we went straight from French class back home to babysitting, and then the baby was not feeling well so she was difficult much of the evening and by the time she went home we were in the middle of bedtime and cleaning up dinner, and by that point I'd long since given up. So today I was determined again to exercise, but after Cecilia's nap we ran errands that took longer than I expected, and by dinner I'd about given up again. Then Daniel went running after dinner, which left me with just the kids underfoot, and a nagging sense of guilt, so I decided I had time to do some aerobics. I don't get as good a workout as I do running or on an exercise bike, but it's better than nothing.

Meanwhile I've been trying very hard not to overeat. As always, it's starchy foods that seem to be my undoing -- I had cereal for breakfast and goldfish crackers with lunch, and a few tiny pretzel sticks in the afternoon, and a slice of pizza at dinner (more white flour!), and another helping of goldfish crackers just now. Hmm. Not as bad as I thought. I must be forgetting something. Oh, yes, a few bites of the kids' macaroni. No whole grains except breakfast. The pizza was not healthy, but I only had ONE (yay, me!) and it was a fairly thin crust and had vegetables on it, and I ate two slices of cantaloupe to fill me up (though that's why I'm hungry now). I had tuna for lunch. I also ate a handful of raisins this afternoon, and two sets of almonds (8 each time). I'm short on vegetables again, but at least I've had some fruit.

No comments: