Monday, September 25, 2006

Talking to myself

I hate it when I check the blog and the last entry is from me - and that doesn't change for days!! 8-) I feel like I am talking to myself. But that is OK - I DO talk to myself.

Kristy's wedding was on Saturday. I was actually pretty good on the eating front. I had t crackers, four little cheese cubes, a bite of cantalope, then for dinner I went vegetarian. I had salad, green beans, potatoes, cheese lasagna, and I think that is it. I didn't have any rolls or anything. I ate about 8 m&ms (that was the favor) and then I had my wedding cake at 2 o'clock in the morning when I woke up hungry. I ate Katie's wedding cake at about 2pm the next afternoon (she never eats it and I hate it to go to waste). Yesterday I was heavy on carbs. I did make the baked sweet potato on Friday - with minimal butter and sugar, skim milk to mix, and almonds on top. It was REALLY good. A tad on the dry side - so I will use more milk next time - and a tad on the sweet side - I will use even LESS sugar next time (I use about a table spoon for two large potatoes). Next time I think I will just mix it with the spices, and use the sugar to sprinkle on top with the nuts.

I forgot to weigh myself Sunday morning. I was 210.4 on Saturday and then 210 this morning. I was a big slug on Sunday. I THOUGHT about taking a walk around 5pm (between rain showers). Sadly, with exercise, the thought really doesn't count. Sigh.

I cancelled my gym membership on Friday. I decided it was just too expensive at $59 a month. Even if I went EVERY day (which I don't) that is still $2 a day. It is over $700 for the year - and I would probably do much better putting that money into more permanent exercise equipment - videos, a ball, heavier weights, etc. I just need an exercise room. I really need to purge my house! I had pre-paid a training session with the trainer at my gym. I don't want to lose that so I left a message for him to call me to set up my next session. I am going to ask him to think about things I can do at home.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Don't worry -- you weren't just talking to yourself! I was reading your posts but I wasn't posting because I've been in the middle of a couple of big projects. One is done and the other is calmer today, though, so I'll be posting soon.