Tuesday, September 12, 2006

132 even

That was a nice thing to see on the scale today! It actually flashed 131.8 for a second before settling on 132, so I'm feeling pretty good about life. I've been back to exercising this past week (three trips to the gym) and counting calories (not as anally as before, but making educated guesses and keeping my intake to around 1400 calories). The weekend was actually good for me because I wasn't snacking mindlessly, and when mealtime came around I was legitimately hungry. having Brian home in the evening helps as well--I'm not as likely to eat junk for dinner or snack all night long when he's around.

Everyone at work seems to be back in fitness mode. They started up a Weight Watchers group on campus last week, and the campus-wide Wellness program is getting in gear as well. A lot of people participate in that, so there are constant reminders to exercise and eat well, and at least three other people in my immediate vicinity are always going off to yoga or aerobics classes. The students are back packing the gym too, which is depressing. Yesterday the girl on the treadmill in front of me was keeping up a pace of between 6.8 and 7.3 m.p.h. and her heart rate didn't go over 160 the whole time. When I arrived she had been on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then I did my 35, and she was still at it when I left! She did occasionally "cool down" with a 4 m.p.h. walk with a 9% incline. Sheesh.

I don't have any fruit to eat at work today. I took Claire to the allergist this morning and it took way longer than we thought it would and she was hungry on the way home so I gave her my grapes. Other than that, I had my usual cereal for breakfast, almonds for snack (in the car while Claire ate my grapes) and I just had string cheese and pretzles. I'm saving my yogurt for later.

No comments: