Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weird Weight

OK - I stepped on the scale this morning and it flashed for a long time - like it was thinking about it... (I was thinking about it too and sticking with 211.8) and it finally popped up an answer of 203.2! I KNOW I didn't lose 6 pounds over night. So I did it again and this time it came up with 205.2. So in 30 seconds I gained 2 pounds. I COULD have stuck with that - but it wasn't right either. So, I tried again - and again got 205.2. Hummmmmm. One more time - 210.6. Sigh. So I took my shower. Then I tried again - this time it came up 209.6. Better... So, I tried a minute later and again got 209.6. So that is what I am sticking with. I think I'd better replace the batteries on my scale. They are about a year old. Or - maybe I will just stick with the 203.2 weight. That IS supposed to be the deal - go with the first reading, right?

Katie and I were going to have grilled salmon for dinner last night - but it looked odd (a little too pale) and smelled fishier than we like. After it was cooked it STILL looked odd - and smelled fishy - so we threw it out and got sushi. 8-) I also ate some left over Fisher's popcorn for dessert. I had about five pieces of taffy at work. Other than those beach carryovers I was pretty good yesterday... Mini wheats with skim milk, coffee, mixed frozen veggies, and chicken and wild rice soup.

No exercise. I think I am losing muscle weight. I need to go to Play It Again Sports today to see what they have - although, SERIOUSLY, I am not sure where I would put a treadmill. I probably could fit it into my room, but Katie and I would have to do some serious re-arranging!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think if you get a treadmill it will just annoy the heck out of you as you trip over it. How about getting in the habit of walking first (why not walk outside? We're starting the absolutely gorgeous time of the year right now and you live in a nice neighborhood. Map out a two or three mile walking route and do that on each of your days off, then walk for 20 minutes right after work another couple of days. The great thing about walking is that all you have to do is change your shoes--you can walk in your work clothes instead of changing totally like you have to for the gym.) and then if that takes, think about getting a treadmill in November or December when it starts to get really cold? But treadmills are so huge that unless you have a finished basement that you aren't using, there's just no place to put one.

Amy said...

The trouble with walking is I don't like to do it alone after dark - and Katie is never around in the evenings - and I am never home before dark. I used to be REALLY GOOD about walking - but then George Bush ran for president and I couldn't stand listening to my walkman anymore - and so got out of the habit. Also - you can't watch DVDs when you are outdoors... and THAT I have discovered is what really makes the treadmill bearable for me. And, my gym fees have gone up (I knew they would) to $59 per month (I didn't expect that much!!!) - so now I am sure I a quitting the gym, but I am not sure what I am doing instead.