Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What a week?!?!

Last Tuesday after I posted I got a call from DJ that he was headed to the ER.  WHAT>!?!  He was fine when I'd talked to him at 7am.  He was having pain in his left side/back so severe that he couldn't drive.  Well it turned out to be a kidney stone (his first) and a whopper!  Poor guy was in the most pain I've ever witnessed.  He finally passed the stone on Saturday and named it Michael since everyone told him he now knew what it was like to be in labor.  Labor maybe, but 10 months of enormity, aches, swelling, and c-section recovery?!?!  I don't think so!!! 

As a result of his illness my routines were severely affected.  I didn't get to go to aerobics or even run on Tuesday (long story).  Then on Friday, he was in so much pain and the little ones didn't go down until after it was dark so that blasted Friday out of the water.  Not to mention without DJ to eat dinner, I wasn't motivated to cook and we ate a bunch of crap!  BLECK!  I still GMed every morning and for the most part I'm pretty sure I was under my calorie counts each day.  Sunday, life returned to normal and I was able to regain some semblance of normalcy.  We did indulge on chocolate dipped fruit (pineapple, strawberries, bananas) my mom made for us.  It was delicious and after I'd eaten almost an entire pineapple I was SICK to my stomach.  I knew when I got home the only thing that would make me feel better would be a run...so I did and it did! LOL

All that said, I was panicked to step on the demon scale this morning.  I did really well yesterday and even went an extra half mile on my run.  I was shocked...SHOCKED to discover that I'm down to 220.5!!!!!   HOLY MOLY was I excited?!?!  I almost did a little happy scale dance :)  That means I am down 3 lbs from last week where I remained the same from the week before.  I'm heartily on track to my Ireland goal. 

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

No comments: