Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Report from North Bay

No idea what my weight is since there's no way to tell, but I CAN say that it'll be difficult to lose weight this week. Eating here is nothing like eating at home. You get three meals a day, and that's it--no snacks in between. I'm used to three small meals and two small snacks, with lots of fruits and veggies. That's been impossible. They have fruit or vegetables available at meals, but not in the quantity I'm used to, and not prepared in a way I'm used to (mostly I'm eating raw--baby carrots, spinach, cucumbers, pepper slices, and snow peas are are my staples for snacks and meals. Here it's more like steamed green beans with butter or orange juice.). Salads are only available at lunch. No more yogurt and fruit for breakfast, either. Yesterday I got oatmeal, which was nice, but today was eggs and potatoes. Knowing I wouldn't get anything else until lunch, I just ate it. So I'm worried that I won't be losing any weight this week.

And on that note, I think I'll go take a walk before lunch (few opportunities for exercise either--it's been cold and rainy and I'm with the kids most of the time).

1 comment:

Mary said...

I wonder if I can still post? They have changed the format since the last time I logged in!