Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I am down

I am back to where I was before I went up to where I ended up. So - now I am BELOW the dreaded mark. I was 248.8 today. So that is almost two pounds down from last week. I can't say I did much differently last week than I did previous weeks. I was still on my no excuses for Lent exercise plan, but, as I told April, my exercise had been half hearted. We didn't have clogging last week. OTOH, I sweat like crazy when I do exercise - which I had never done in the past. BUT - that was a change from earlier in the year. I don't know. It certainly can't be the time of the month, because I am crampy and bloated leading me to believe that my period is about to start. It can't be my food. Well, now, maybe it is. I have noticed in the past that I have an odd tendency to lose weight after I have hosted a party. I have joked before (I wanted to say quipped, but that sounded pretentious) that when I eat a diet of all junk food all the time I actually LOSE weight. I don't know. But I won't complain if I continue to lose weight.


OH! I did have Shea do a treatment for me for weight loss. I feel like that is vaguely cheating - but she and I have talked extensively about my lack of weight loss. Shea has been very much of the mind set that I need to be comfortable in the body I have since I am otherwise very healthy- but my argument is my body doesn't feel like the body I am supposed to have. Anyway, most acupuncture treatments for weight loss focus on appetite suppressing. I don't need that - having no appetite to begin with. So she did a treatment that was more focused on continuous movement - referring to the energy in your body, which is a metabolism boost. It was a very strange sensation. The points were mostly in my legs and I could feel the energy moving. It was like little licks of fire were running up and down my shins and calves under my skin. Maybe that did actually help.


Anyway - I have switched to frozen spinach in my monsters, and I am officially switching back as of today. I prefer the fresh spinach on so many levels!

1 comment:

April said...

Amy, you have been doing so well with your no excuses, report to April stategy. YAY!

Regarding the junk food...wish that was the case for me :( LOL! Enjoy your 2lb loss...and getting below the dread zone!