Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blah

This week has been crappy and it is only Tuesday.  I hope it turns around.

My weight is down another pound this week, and we go for our Bod Pod appointments this afternoon.  I am really hoping to see even a slight shift in my numbers.

We've been making variations on the green monster.  Peter bought us a nifty new blender that has these travel cups that hook right into it.  I learned an annoying lesson yesterday regarding the order of the ingredients in the cup. Heavy stuff in first, light stuff in last, not vice versa. I like the blender because we can just pop a lid on the cup the monster is blended in and head out the door. It halso doesn't have that tiny metal shaft for all the spinning; it seems to have more power.  He also bought a bunch of frozen fruit from BJs that makes it really easy to put smoothies together.  I was happy our BJ's carries the frozen wild blueberries too.  To me they taste better than frozen regular blueberries. A little frozen pineapple make a monster REALLY tasty.  And we found out that almond milk at BJ's is WAY cheaper than at the grocery store.  You get more than 2x the amount for 20 cents less in price.

I'm eating lunch a little early today because of our appointments; we made salads and they are super tasty.  Iceberg & romaine, carrots, mushrooms, red onion, tomato, red beets, and chick peas with some Newman's honey mustard dressing.

I'm listening to show tunes on pandora, hoping to cheer myself up.  Hopefully Colin Firth singing ABBA does the trick.  I am pretty down right now.

No comments: