Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Rosy Cheeks - no warts

So I am still going strong on the green monsters. I can't stress enough how surprisingly good they are. I don't add the flax though. I just do yogurt, fruit, banana, and spinach. Katie and I add fiber to our orange juice in the morning - and the blueberries have tons! My nutritionist told me that flax is not actually the best source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Well - actually it IS, but humans don't digest it well, and so we are better off taking fish oil. I still use flax for some things - because I like it, but I don't add it to the GM because I do take fish oil. I also don't add protein - I prefer my protein in eggs and beans and fish... Today Katie and I replaced the blueberries with fresh pineapple! It turned a pretty bright green color. I like the taste, but I prefer the blueberries. I think in the future I will do both the blueberries and pineapple. Tomorrow we are going to try it with mango. ANYWAY - last night, before I went to the gym! - I noticed that my cheeks were unusually rosy. I figured either I have a case of rosacia OR the iron I have been consuming is showing up in my complexion. I don't think I look as pale as I have. As to exercise - I am keeping at the daily exercise. I didn't exercise Friday. I went to a party at Jenny's house, and then I went to church for first Friday. I figured the church gave me a pass on the exercise! Katie and worked hard in the garden both on Saturday and Sunday. Those of you that know what our garden normally looks like should be pretty impressed. We tore up pretty much EVERYTHING except one rhododendron, two azaleas and four tulips. We covered everything with that black garden cloth and then spread 9 bags of mulch over it all. It looks so clean! We made a (pu-tooh!) pact that we would both pull up weeds as we see them instead of letting them take over again. We plan to plant a rose bush in the front yard since it does get a lot of sun there now. So - maybe my rosy cheeks are a sunburn from this weekend. Except it was pretty overcast on Saturday... Tonight I am supposed to meet Jenny at the gym to use the pool. Ugh. Ugh mostly because of the bathing suit aspect. We plan to mostly tread water and use the resistance toys. I may start back on the water ballet this weekend too. Tomorrow night Katie and I start our clogging lessons. Hee hee!!

1 comment:

April said...

LOVE the clogging lessons!!! Can't wait to hear about them!